A gal needs a project.
All right, this specific gal needs a project.
To play this game I will need:
- A pack of playing cards (King's Excel Casino Quality High Slip, for those of you playing at home)
- Some white adhesive labels
- 52 poems
- A Twitter account @poemsinthewild
- To go to bars and cafes (it's a tough life)
The idea, which appeals both to my love of found objects and my love of bars, is this:
- Each week I'll write a poem on the back of a playing card (hence the white adhesive labels, there isn't much white space on a playing card on its own), along with the @poemsinthewild Twitter name.
- I'll leave the card somewhere in Melbourne (most likely in an aforementioned bar or cafe).
- I'll tweet the location (and suit) of the card through @poemsinthewild, and hopefully someone will find it and tweet me. Or maybe they won't, and the poem will end up floating in a gutter outside the State Library.
- Either way, the following week I'll post the actual poem on this blog, along with the location of the next poetic foundling.
So - the first poem will be released into the wild this Friday 9th March. I'll keep you posted.