Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reading (and watching) your favourites...take two

As some of you might remember, I originally started this blog as a reading project, to read the 2 favourite books of all my friends and family, and blog about them.

This went along fine for a while, but my slow reading speed combined with life events like having a child, becoming badly entrenched in anorexia (again), and going through a marriage breakup somewhat de-railed the process. Who would have thought?

Recently I've been feeling a lot better than I have in a long time (SSRIs and falling in love can work wonders, I tell you). So I'd like to try to start reading your favourites again, as well as doing the various other things I have on the go (like #poemsinthewild).

I've had to re-jig the reading list, partly as some of the people on the old list I have lost contact with, and also because I've decided just to read your one most favourite book, but add in your most favourite film. With any luck the inclusion of cinema will balance out my slow reading speed, and general brain-creakiness when it comes to reviewing! Stranger things have happened, especially in the last 10 months.

You can see the growing list of titles at the right of this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a recent book favourite has been 'A Visit from the Goon Squad' by Jennifer Egan; and a movie classic I only recently saw for the first time was Woody Allen's Manhattan. I am still a bit perplexed by one aspect of it.

I think it sounds like the next 12 months deserve to be the flipside of the last 12 months for you. Here's to it all turning around.

Erin

Anna Ryan-Punch said...

I know a lot of people who deserve a better 2012 than 2011. May we all have a better year!