Tuesday, March 8, 2011

days/trains/beats/wires : one poem in four pictures

(based on suggestions from @sorrel_smith, @realnixwilliams, @ernmalleyscat and @mlledelicieuse. Photography by @GretasTARDIS, @awurster, @slimejam and @mlledelicieuse. Words stolen from @facelikethunder, @dogpossum, @sulphura, @johnnypurple, @slimejam, @sushipyjamas, @jellyjellyfish, @timsterne, and @ernmalleyscat.)

If the pictures are to small to read, click on them and they should (I think) open in a larger format.








Today's is a visual poem (format suggested by @sorrel_smith) in four images that talented photo-taking friends have kindly allowed me to use:

  1. Balloon by Greta Punch http://www.flickr.com/photos/gretastardis
  2. Pinot Grigio by Mademoiselle Delicieuse http://spoonforkandchopsticks.blogspot.com/
  3. Hers by Christopher Miles http://www.flickr.com/photos/christopherjamesmiles/
  4. Richmond by Andrew Wurster www.blog.awursterphotos.com

I've never done a visual poem before, so it's not as experimental as they can be. Mainly because the only editing software I had access to that I actually knew how to use was Paint. Yep. You heard right. Paint.

Today's poem is based on suggestions from four peeps:
  • @realnixwilliams: "a poem about popping balloons!"
  • @ernmalleyscat: "a waiter's friend"
  • @mlledelicieuse: "wanting to uncork a bottle of wine whilst waiting for the train"
  • @sorrel_smith: "on information travelling digitally, through wires and the ether!"
Also, because I was thieving mood, the words of today's poems are plundered from things people tweeted @ me yesterday. The words of this poem belong to:
  • @facelikethunder
  • @dogpossum
  • @sulphura
  • @johnnypurple
  • @slimejam
  • @sushipyjamas
  • @jellyjellyfish
  • @timsterne
  • @ernmalleyscat
This time I added my own words too, as well as chopping up theirs like spring onions.
(Once again, if anyone objects to their tweets being plundered, let me know!)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Nice job. I think the poems'd be different without the pictures; the two are integrated.

nixwilliams said...

i love 'my' poem and the idea of days of the week as balloons, ready to be popped!!! (it's like a more fun version of ripping pages out of a diary when you're done.)

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

Much worse is if morning wanted to uncork a bottle...

Anna Ryan-Punch said...

Thanks everybody!

I like the idea of these poems belonging to the contributors. Like a present :)